As a Business Systems Analyst you will play a key role in the ongoing development of our assessment delivery platform, as well as contributing to the successful delivery of our new product development plans.
You will be responsible for the capture and documentation of business requirements and acceptance criteria, and will act as the central point of contact for the Product and Development teams throughout the software delivery lifecycle.
At GL Education, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to grow children to their best potential. We do this by providing assessment solutions that help teachers learn more about their pupils, so they can find the best way to teach them.
We are the leading UK provider in what we do and growing fast internationally - at the last count we have delivered over 7 million online tests across the globe. However, this only accounts for 1 per cent of the children in the world. Our mission is to ensure all children have the best possible start by having access to our education tools.
- Ensure accurate and detailed requirements documentation and acceptance criteria are produced - in the form of Product Backlog Items (PBIs) - using interviews, wireframes, use cases, scenarios, business analysis techniques and where necessary workflow analysis.
- Oversee the creation of detailed requirements for any given project or product based on the direction provided by the Head of Technology.
- Gain an understanding of the business, the processes, and help map out associated business rules and frameworks to aid the running of the business and ultimately requirements gathering.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with other department managers and staff to assist in the requirements gathering process; in-particular strong relationships must be built with the publishing, international and sales teams.
- Collaborate with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to obtain a greater understanding of the needs of the business, and the technical requirements needed to successfully support and execute on the business strategy and goals.
- Support the relevant stakeholders through the feasibility, ideation and inceptions stages.
- Ability to think outside of the box to develop solutions as part of the requirements gathering process and collaborate with the stakeholders and development teams to ensure we successfully deliver our objectives.
- Other responsibilities include, but not limited to, participating in special projects or ad-hoc analysis
- Have 2+ years’ experience of working as a Business Systems Analyst in a Microsoft product-based environment.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in Business Information Technology or related field
- Be highly organised and work quickly; easily handle and adapt to numerous shifting priorities and successfully engage in multiple projects.
- Have the ability to work cohesively within a team and build effective stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Have the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience and vice versa
- Have the ability to work at a fast pace, under pressure to tight deadlines, maintaining excellent attention to detail at all times.
- Be self-motivated and organised.
- Enjoy being part of a good-humoured and vibrant team.
Location: Durham or West London (Home-Based applicants will also be considered)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter to email@example.com