Central to this role is the ability to plan, organise and monitor the progress of projects in a professional manner. The ability to develop strong portfolio knowledge and an appreciation of the diversity of needs across the international markets that are the focus for future revenue generation will also be needed.
GL Assessment is the leading provider of formative assessments to UK schools, as well as providing assessments for overseas ministries and British, bilingual and international schools in over 100 countries worldwide.
Schools want to do the best for every pupil. The more they know about a pupil (strengths, weaknesses and rates of progress) - the more they can find the best way to teach them. Our top-quality products let them do this and are therefore improving teaching, learning and assessment in classrooms across the world.
- Work in collaboration with publishing, editorial and sales to gain an acute understanding of the needs of our customers in international markets.
- With a focus on international markets, work with internal and external stakeholders to specify and seek approval for projects that contribute to the business strategy.
- Effectively liaise with relevant colleagues to ensure that projects are delivered on time, to specification, to budget and have effective launch and after-sales support.
- Work closely with external partners and stakeholders to ensure the delivery of key projects.
- Supervise the work of editorial staff.
What are we looking for?
- An experienced Commissioning Editor/ Project Manager preferably with International and/or Assessment experience.
- Enthusiasm and adaptability and work well under pressure.
- Have a professional attitude and extensive experience of working in a publishing environment.
- Be passionate about education, with a desire to use digital technologies effectively in order to build engaging, high-quality products.
- Be innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate project plans.
- Be credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and a desire to see others succeed.
Location: Brentford, West London
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- On site café and gym with shower facilities
- Weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Season ticket loan, eye care scheme, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
Please email your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are interested and why we should meet you to email@example.com.