GL Assessment have a new opportunity for a Customer Service Associate (Technical Support) to join our team in Swindon. The Customer Service Associate (Technical Support) will act as the first point of contact for our customers on our Technical Helpdesk, providing excellent levels of customer service and uphold the values of the company.
Who are we?
GL Assessment is the leading provider of formative assessments to UK schools, as well as providing assessments for overseas ministries and British, bilingual and international schools in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Provide customers with a service which exceeds expectations and portrays the professional image of GL Assessment.
- Answer incoming technical support calls, emails, web requests and correspondence from customers and colleagues.
- Log calls and emails with details of customer, product or service and the issue.
- Work within Service Level Agreements (external) and within Data Security and Information policies and requirements (internal).
- Escalate issues as required and ensure issues are followed up to satisfactory conclusion with the customer.
- Test/simulate problems reported and logging solutions/workarounds in the technical support database.
- Liaise with Sales teams regarding customer licensing issues and queries.
- Liaise with 3rd line providers of the technical platforms.
- Test products on new platforms/network configurations.
- Maintain the online Technical Support FAQs and associated documentation including compatibility lists, knowledge base articles, installation instructions and video tutorials/pod casts.
- Liaise with outside technical support contacts to resolve problems on jointly developed/ third party products.
- Daily test basic functionality of all hosted services.
- Assist the Customer Service team, taking calls, placing orders as and when required.
What are we looking for?
- Solid understanding of Operating Systems Windows XP, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, 2012, Mac OS
- Experience of working with a CRM platform
- Ability to handle technical issues from opening through to resolution or escalation to next tier as appropriate
- Excellent communication and listening skills with proven ability to respond and resolve issues quickly with non-technical customers
- Proven ability to assimilate product knowledge and processes to provide full customer support
- Proven ability to maintain a high customer satisfaction rating to deliver a fantastic level of service
- Must be fluent in English, with clear diction
- Excellent time and task management capabilities during busy periods
Location: Swindon, SN2
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- Weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested, why we should meet you and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org