GL Assessment have an exciting opportunity for a Full Time IT Infrastructure Support Analyst to join our team in Swindon. The IT Infrastructure Support Analyst will be the 1st point of contact for end users in Swindon/Oxford for all aspects of IT Support. As well as working with the IT team in supporting the whole company.
Who are we?
GL Assessment is the leading provider of formative assessments to UK schools, as well as providing assessments for overseas ministries and British, bilingual and international schools in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Provide on-premise Active Directory Support, including, Group Policies, ACLs, End user account creation & management, File & Print services.
- Assist with the Maintenance & Administration of GL’s Office365 environment.
- Provide Support and Administration for the Mitel based phone systems.
- Provide Support and Administration of MiContact Centre Client and Ucentric applications.
- Support users in their use and understanding of the company’s I.T. resources and help them utilise systems efficiently, along best practice guidelines.
- Installation and configuration of devices (PCs, Laptops, Servers, Tablets, Mobile and Desk phones), within GL Education standards and to documented procedures.
- Moving (desk moves) and installation of hardware including physical lifting and carrying of equipment, within Health & Safety guidelines.
- Maintenance and Administration of TCP/IP networking, HSRP, LAN and WLAN, DNS, DHCP.
- Configure and maintain network infrastructure hardware/software. (Switches, Routers, WAPs)
- Maintenance and Administration of FortiGate Firewalls.
- Maintain technical documentation for network and telephony.
- Asset Management tracking (including Software licences).
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity for IT & Telephony Systems and services.
- Adherence to ISO27001 standards and practices.
- Assisting to ensure that all security backups are performed daily.
- Early identification and resolution of user problems, software difficulties & any issues with peripheral media (Mobile Phones/Tablets/Printers) liaising with third parties if required.
- Assist in GL Education’s I.T. projects as required.
- Ordering of IT hardware, software and consumables via 3rd party suppliers.
- Work outside of core Office hours when necessary.
- Travel to other sites when necessary.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Sound knowledge of network technology and protocols, VPN, Firewalls, Wi-Fi, Broadband, Switches, Routers.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Have had experience supporting a Mitel based phone system and be familiar with IVR, call routing, SIP technologies.
- Knowledge and experience administering Hyper-V infrastructure.
- Will ideally have at least 36 months experience working in a support environment, installing, configuring, performing troubleshooting, analytical problem solving and end user support on the following;
- Microsoft Windows Desktops
- Office 365 (Exchange online)
- Microsoft Servers
- Active Directory Services
- PCs, printers, scanners and laptops, with experience of hardware troubleshooting and repair, local and network printer faults etc.-
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours over 5 days per week
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- Weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, eye care scheme
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested, why we should meet you and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org