The statistical team at GL Assessment is looking for an additional Statistician to join their team. You will be expected to conduct statistical analysis across a range of exciting assessment projects; supporting and advising on internal and external research projects, data collation and modelling.
Schools want to do the best for every pupil. The more they know about a pupil, the more they can find the best way to teach them.
At GL Assessment, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to grow children to their best potential. We do this by providing assessment solutions which helps teachers learn more about their pupils so they can find the best way to teach them.
We are the leading UK provider in what we do and growing fast internationally, at the last count we have delivered over 7 million online tests across the globe. However this only accounts for 1% of the children in the world. Our mission is to ensure all children have the best possible start by having access to our education tools.
Statistician duties will include:
- Conducting basic and more advanced statistical analysis of research and assessment data
- Designing and carrying out statistical analysis of trials and standardisation projects for current and new assessment and survey products
- Conduct psychometric analysis of various assessments we publish
- Provide expert input into internally and externally authored assessment content and associated reporting and analytics
- Provide expert contribution to ad-hoc analysis services provided to clients such as Multi Academy Trusts, International School groups and Ministries around the world
- Support on internal educational research activities
What are we looking for?
- A Degree in Statistics or numerate subject.
- Experience of working with analytical software (E.g. SPSS, R, Winsteps)
- A broad knowledge and understanding of applied statistical methods
- An understanding of classical test theory and item response theory or a willingness to learn
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new statistical techniques
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise own work and work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate statistical ideas and results to a non-technical audience and confidently deal with queries over the phone with external users in schools
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- BUPA Healthcare
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- On site gym, weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
Interested or want to know more?
Please email your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested and why we should meet you, to: GL.Recruitment@gl-assessment.co.uk.