GL Assessment have an exciting opportunity for a STEM Editor to join our team in Oxford.
The Editor will work on a selection of subjects for UK, US and international schools, with a focus on Science and other STEM subjects. The Editor can expect to gain substantial experience in the development of digital educational resources by working on complex and market-focussed digital projects. Editors will be required to edit, typeset, proofread, draw simple digital diagrams, and test content for multiple projects as well as liaise with internal developers and designers to create stunning interactive content. The Editor will have extremely good communication and organisation skills, as well as the ability to think clearly and work under pressure. Time management and the ability to prioritise are crucial, as are excellent scheduling skills.
Who are we?
GL Assessment is the leading provider of formative assessments to UK schools, as well as providing assessments for overseas ministries and British, bilingual and international schools in over 100 countries worldwide.
- The Editor will work on a selection of subjects for UK, US and international schools, with a focus on STEM subjects, for publication on Boardworks’ educational platforms.
- Assessing appropriate level of educational content based on specifications
- Proofreading an array of educational materials for spelling, grammar and mathematical errors
- Drawing simple digital diagrams for resources
- Testing content on mobile devices
- Working independently on a project whilst also communicating efficiently with other team members
- Briefing in-house designers and developers
- The Editor may be responsible for contracting and briefing some external suppliers (proofreaders, audio studios, reviewers) and managing their services.
- The Editor will work effectively with other teams within Boardworks and GL Assessment on synergistic projects.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in a STEM subject
- Well-organised and able to work on multiple projects effectively; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A confident and clear communicator
- Able to take initiative, offering effective solutions to problems
- A thorough and meticulous person with a keen eye for detail; has a good understanding of the importance of rigorous quality assurance in the context of educational resources for classroom and independent use
- Proven copy editing and proofreading skills
- A keen interest in education and knowledge of UK and international educational systems
- At least one year’s digital editorial experience
- Experience of working with content management systems
- Publishing qualification and/or teaching or tutoring experience.
- Proficiency working with e-learning authoring tools
- Experience of working with external authors and suppliers and/or working across a range of educational subjects
- Experience of working with international markets
Location: Oxford, OX4
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- Weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested, why we should meet you and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org