Data Triangulation Online Course 5 Week Version
A five week online course in data triangulation
This workshop is facilitated by Matthew Savage, Principal, The International Community School, Amman. Matthew has shared his experience of student-level data in different schools at conferences around the world and has delivered workshops on the effective use of data in Asia, Europe and Africa.
Overview of the course / structure / content
- What is triangulation?
- Attitudes - PISA and beyond
- Introducing the PASS survey
- The 9 PASS measures
- Interpreting the PASS scores
- Attitudinal mapping
- Student Profiles
- Case Studies
- Next steps
- Moving on to triangulation
- Within PASS: domains, cars, quadrants
- Between PASS and Aptitude/Attainment: triangulation models
- This week’s lessons and forum discussions will explore the individual triangles of some actual students, enabling you to begin to ‘Mona Lisa’ their journeys together, developing strategies to apply in your own schools.
How does it work?
- The course is delivered via an online portal
- The course lasts five weeks and requires a commitment of up to 5 hours per week. Delegates can schedule their activity at times that are convenient for them, but should aim to engage early each week to take maximum advantage of the group dialogue.
- Participants should be prepared to engage regularly throughout the course, including participation in forums and online tasks.
- Your active contribution in these tasks and discussions is a pre-requisite of certification