The New Group Spelling Test is aligned to the new curriculum in England and all questions are delivered via audio.
How should I apply the New Group Spelling Test?
- Evaluate spelling ability once per term with three forms to support termly testing
- Inform teaching strategies
The New Group Spelling Test is in two sections:
Section 1 - tests five or six spelling rules in line with the new curricula.
Section 2 - tests a variety of different spelling rules using sentence completion tasks.
How can I use the New Group Spelling Test with the New Group Reading Test?
- You can choose to compare spelling and reading together
- Cross report combining and comparing scores from both tests – SAS, stanine and age equivalent scores
See our Literacy Bundle page for more information>>
When will the new assessments be available?
- New Group Spelling Test (NGST) will be published, allowing termly testing of spelling
- You will now be able to assess reading and spelling in under an hour
- This will include a Group report for teachers, an Individual Student report for teachers and an Excel Cluster report
Coming in Spring:
- A Cross group report - allowing you to compare scores for reading and spelling
- A Group progress report for NGRT & NGST for three points of progress
- Cross Individual report for teachers